Friday, August 5, 2011

As Long as She Never Sings, I'm Ok or Roseanne for President?

If you watched Jay Leno last night, you probably got one of the biggest laughs since Bridesmaids. Roseanne, yeah that Roseanne of the yelling and cackling variety from the 1990s said she's running for president on the Green Tea Party. Not the Tea Party or the Green Party, but the Green Tea Party. A party she decidedly created because she, like many of us are fed up with the antics of the Frick and Frack Parties or the Elephants and Donkeys as they're still called in some circles. Is this ok?
 I know many of us like celebrities as politicians and some see politicians as celebrities. But for every Ronald Reagan and Bill Clinton there are several more Governators in the mix.  I mean really? Roseanne isn't actually a politician. She has no experience and I really would not like to think of her ever dismembering the national anthem again.
 Ok so in her defense, she's an outsider to the Washington club and she has a lot of favor with the electorate. I mean, she wants to legalize marijuana so she has good standing with a sizable populace. Roseanne has never taken any junk from her husbands or co-stars so I don't think Boehner and Reid would scare her. She can make you laugh if you don't agree with everything she says, but most of all her best weapon would be her version of the national anthem. I mean we could probably keep bedbugs out of hotels with that thing.
 In all seriousness, is our country in such shape we need a 90s sitcom icon to run the world? I mean is nobody  good enough that we need a celebrity to take a stab at things. I would hope not, but then again there are scarier things.
http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2011/08/05/roseanne-barr-palins-inspiring-me-to-run-for-prez/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please no discriminatory or inflammatory language. I appreciate comments being posted, but in a way that is respectful and positive to the internet community.