Tuesday, November 29, 2011

JB Aims for a JT

 Justin Bieber just released his Christmas album which debuted at number one on the Billboard charts. Now, he's readying his next release for early 2012. However, in place of "Baby", the vibe he's looking to attract is one of "Lady."
 Is it possible? Well, that depends on the appetite of the Belieber community and the quality Bieber is looking to give his fans. In a recent interview with MTV, he stated that he's inspired by fellow teen star turned adult megastar Justin Timberlake and his FutureSex/LoveSounds album. Not necessarily by the content, but the idea of a new sound.
 Unfortunately, I think it may not work unless he really focuses on being a pure expression of his life at the moment. What made Justin Timberlake's effort succeed was the fact that he was older and people saw him in such a way.
 When we (or maybe I) look at Justin Bieber, I think of the annoying kid I went to school with. However, to be fair that can be said for a lot of people in show business but I digress. Justin Bieber is part of another generation and to me, his image has been so managed and staged, that it's hard to know what he really wants to do.
 Now of course, I'm not talking about his charity efforts, I applaud the fact that he aims to give back and cherish his fans. But in terms of his musical persona, I can't see any real maturity.
 But then again, it might work to his advantage. He could surprise us or not. Either way, it'll be a water-cooler moment.

Bieber Wants to Grow Up

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please no discriminatory or inflammatory language. I appreciate comments being posted, but in a way that is respectful and positive to the internet community.