Monday, August 22, 2011

Murph's Picks #5

 In this week's Murph's Picks I've decidedly selected something sports related as I have slacked in including sports stories on my site. I'm trying to do better. If you have ideas about possible sports stories, that'd be great. Just leave them in comments. Or better yet, give me a comment people! I need to hear from you no matter what you have to say.
 Okay, so this week's pick is actually one of the many brilliant ESPN films, "The Fab Five." If you don't know who the fab five are, then watch this documentary. It's riveting, insightful and entertaining. It pertains to the Men's  Basketball Team at Michigan in the early 1990s and the dominance of the freshman players on the team.
 I won't reveal all about the story, but it involves race, class, money, fame, and the NCAA. All the makings for a brilliant movie, but even better when those who lived it are narrating the action. If you don't know anything about sports or sports history, this is great for you. It's not intimidating, doesn't focus on the play by play and isn't overtly technical like some sports programming is.
 I suggest when you get a free moment, this is great to watch or Tivo or DVR or whatever it is folks do nowadays.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please no discriminatory or inflammatory language. I appreciate comments being posted, but in a way that is respectful and positive to the internet community.