Monday, October 3, 2011

Tickled P!nk

P!nk is about to be the latest pop star in film. She's appeared in film with her voice before because of various romantic comedies and action flicks using her music for the soundtrack. But now she's going to be alongside crossover artist Gwyneth Paltrow.
I personally think P!nk is one of the most dynamically talented singers of the twenty-first century. She has a rawness that reminds me a lot of Janis Joplin and her songs are unique in what they address.
The only thing is that I hope she doesn't play to type. And by type I mean like the cool tomboy who knows how to wail. When pop stars transition, they can't come in as the "pop star" otherwise they tank.
And history has plenty examples of tanking. For instance Christina Aguilera was the latest pop star to tank- alongside Cher no less in Burlesque last year. I think her problem lied in she waited too long and got bad advice to really go full throttle.
Mariah Carey initially tanked in Glitter, but redeemed herself by playing way against type in Precious. I really hope P!nk goes with her instincts because I think she'd make a great actress.
Her personality is always displayed through her videos which I think are awesome. And with the right script, I'm sure she'll be just as good at acting as she is at singing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please no discriminatory or inflammatory language. I appreciate comments being posted, but in a way that is respectful and positive to the internet community.