Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Let's Hear it for the Boys

 A recent Ask Men survey, asked which celebrity is most irritating. The magazine broke it up by celebrities' respective genders. But the winner (or loser) of the females is Lady Gaga and the victor for male celebs is none other than the Biebs. Rounding out the top three for the women are Alaska's favorite former governor, Sarah Palin and Kim Kardashian. The other two in the top three for men are Charlie Sheen and the commander-in-chief. I agree wholeheartedly except with the fact that Ask Men considers are president a celebrity. While agree that Obama has had a strong amount of pop culture exposure, I don't consider him a celebrity. Anyone who can press a red button to is more than a celebrity, but I digress.
 I can see why men are irritated by Lady Gaga. And don't Twitter hate me little monsters, I have to agree. How many more meat dresses can we stand? I understand that she likes to express herself differently and I do like some of her songs, but every award show appearance has become more than theater, it has become a campaign of shock and awe. While every pop star does this to a certain extent, the fact that Lady Gaga does this every time she comes on a stage gets to be too much. I appreciate her creativity in music, but being boring  and posing for Rolling Stone in your underoos isn't always bad.
 Justin Bieber is also highly understandable. Any guy who can get every woman's attention by just walking by is a source of envy. But more than that, I think it's the fact that Justin Bieber doesn't even sound like he went through puberty and attracts more girls than a wet puddle draws mosquitoes is quite nauseating. Also, most male pop stars seem inaccessible to men because of them saying girl or baby every other five seconds in a song. It can get rather old.
 Now I know I just wrote in agreement to a survey of a men's magazine about two major Twitter celebrities, but someone has to be honest. One thing I can appreciate is that guys don't hold back. Just because someone is popular doesn't mean everyone has to appreciate what they contribute. I think it's also refreshing that in our celebrity obsessed culture than people can put things in perspective and say what they think. But I will admit, Somebody to Love gets me everytime.
News Source: http://omg.yahoo.com/blogs/now/askmen-com-survey-reveals-that-men-do-not-have-bieber-fever/171

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please no discriminatory or inflammatory language. I appreciate comments being posted, but in a way that is respectful and positive to the internet community.