Thursday, August 11, 2011

Once in A Lifetime Movie, Please!

 There is news today that Jennifer Love Hewitt will be reprising her role as a working mom in a series version of the Lifetime movie, The Client List. This is a hot mess and a half waiting to happen. Why? Movies that become television shows have a sketchy track record and Lifetime movies are only good as a movie.
 To be completely truthful, I didn't watch The Client List. A mom who turns to sex work for her children's sake is too predictable to remotely interest me. Lifetime movies are too predictable to remotely interest me. Why? There's no gritty underbelly, no character development, and too much melodrama.
 On top of that Jennifer Love Hewitt is not what I'd call a compelling actress. I'm not insulting her talents because she's obviously had success on television for several years now, but she always seems to be playing a woman in need of something and never anyone on the edge. She's never really made a risky career choice. This is pilot no different.
 I'm not saying that this can't give her a new edge, but to me if she wants to really grow as an actor, she needs to branch out. Lifetime needs to branch out. As a viewer, I demand better television shows that focus on something that you haven't done already. I demand a show with a woman who isn't always indebted to someone rather it be their parents, children, or spouse. I demand a realistic love story.
And most of all I demand that you not think I will be gullible enough to fall for the next assembly line show that you only have given two seconds of thought to.

http://www.tvline.com/2011/08/love-hewitt-client-list-lifetime-series/#more-239324

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please no discriminatory or inflammatory language. I appreciate comments being posted, but in a way that is respectful and positive to the internet community.