Monday, August 15, 2011

Murph's Picks #4

 I'm choosing a song this week for Murph's Picks. It's a song that's really romantic, quirky, and melancholy. I believe this song is a modern classic. Tears for Fears' "Head Over Heels" is so cool and so sweet it's hard to resist. Tears for Fears, is a group that came to prominence in the 1980s with classic hits such as "Mad World", "Shout" and "Everybody Wants to Rule the World."
 "Head Over Heels" is about being in love and not noticing it. It's kind of how love takes over someone's life in a way that is unexpected, beautiful, and confusing all at once. The melody is one of my all-time favorites. It sticks in your head instantly. I first heard this song when I bought my mom the Tears for Fears' Greatest Hits compilation one year. I've never looked back.
 Unfortunately, with the volume of songs on my iPod, I forget how awesome this song is from time to time. But thankfully, my favorite show, Psych used the music of Tears for Fears prominently in one episode and even had Curt Smith (one of the group's founders) guest star as himself.
 If you're not sure about the song or haven't heard I urge you to click below. As a bonus, I'm including the Psych clip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please no discriminatory or inflammatory language. I appreciate comments being posted, but in a way that is respectful and positive to the internet community.